Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wedding Bells in TunFaire?

Amazon is showing something I haven't seen reported anywhere else. The thirteenth of Glen Cook's Garrett, P.I. novels is scheduled for release on November 2nd of this year! Glen had mentioned a year ago in an interview that he was writing his next Garrett novel under the working title of "Gilden Latten Lovers." Now, it seems the actual title will be Gilded Latten Bones.

I'm glad to see one of Glen's projects attain a publication date. He also has a new Black Company short story due for release soon in this anthology. There's no sign yet of the Dread Empire sequel to An Ill Fate Marshalling, or the third and fourth Instrumentalities of the Night books. At least for the latter, Tor are reissuing the first two this spring and summer, as trade paperbacks. This suggests to me that they will continue the series in this format, and that there will be announcements about this soon. I can at least hope so.

In the meantime, I'll be continuing to read through Steven Erikson's Malazan books, but a discussion of that can wait for another time. For today, I'll close with the advice to avoid green beer, and instead stick with GOOD beer. I have some Sierra Nevada Torpedo on hand that comes with a green label, that's close enough to Irish for me ;-)

1 comment:

Jambo said...

Sweet. You always have the latest Glen Cook info. Thanks. I will be really excited when the upcoming black company and dread empire books finally come out.