Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stop the world, I want to get off?

I've been dreaming lately of another dimension, perhaps an alternate universe. It is less bright than this one I experience when awake. That is, is isn't so clear and sunny as the atmosphere her in Colorado. It is also less crowded and busy, with plenty of peace and calm. It's probably paradise ;-)

To get there, I find my dreaming self driving on a road up Poudre Canyon, west of Fort Collins, Colorado. Gradually, the road gets steeper, until I'm driving upside down! Fortunately, the gravity of this other dimension holds me in place until everything "drops down" around me, and I feel "upright" again. I have no idea yet how I get back, but I eventually wake up, and here I am.

All this, without any substance stronger than beer....

Thought for the day: I'm now reading and enjoying The Fire in His Hands, the first part of the A Fortress in Shadow omnibus of Glen Cook's Dread Empire series.

No comments: